Please schedule an appointment for ALL services ... including tech visits or bath. Currently, we are not able to accommodate walk-ins, except for emergencies. Also some services might not be available, our apologies and we hope you will understand!
As of May 1, 2020 we will go back to our regular hours and all services!
Text, call, or email us for an appointment or with any questions or concerns you might have. We appreciate your understanding that an appointment might be several days out.
For now, we will continue with curbside services* to keep you and our staff safe and healthy.
It will be good to see you and your pets again!
Regular Hospital Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 am until 5:30 pm. The last appointment is at 5:00 pm.
Saturday 7:30 am until noon. The last appointment is at 11:30 am.
* see explanation below
We made the (temporary) change in our Hospital hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 am until 4:30 pm. The last appointment is at 4 pm. Saturday 7:30 am until noon. The last appointment is at 11:30 am
Tampa, March 27, 2020
Hillsborough County’s “Safer at Home” order is going into effect
Friday March 27, 2020 at 10 pm.
Veterinarians are designated as critical and essential businesses.
At this time, we will remain open for business* (Curbside Service for appointments and pick-up of medications, preventatives, food etc.) during our regular hours and will continue working hard to provide the level of care you have come to expect from us!
*Some of our services might not be available while the “Safer at Home” Order is in effect
As veterinary industry experts, we are always vigilant about communicable diseases that can impact our patients, their owners, and staff.
With the recent outbreak of COVID-19, we are taking extra measures above and beyond our already-high standards to help ensure the safety of everyone:
- As the situation is rapidly changing, we are regularly monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and federal and state/local agencies to follow all recommended protocol;
- We are using medical-grade disinfectants more frequently in high traffic areas, including, door handles, light switches, faucets, front counters, phones, keyboards, exam rooms, restrooms, and more;
- All employees are reminded to stay home if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms;
- We ask those pet owners who have an appointment with us and are feeling under the weather to please call our office before coming in so we can determine the best plan for taking care of your pet.
Thank you so much for understanding! If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, please let us know!
Hansel B. Leavengood, DVM
Robert J. Moore, DVM
Call us ( 813-839-6191) when you are in our parking lot for your appointment or pick-up.
Please stay in your car.
UPDATED per 4/30/ 2020
Picking up meds or other items? One of our receptionist (wearing gloves and mask) will bring the items (+ receipt) to you in a clear plastic bag. We will have taken your payment over the phone beforehand. Sorry – no cash accepted at this time.
Pet visit - curbside services
- Our technicians (wearing gloves and mask) will come out to your car to bring your pet
inside. We will call you from inside to take down your concerns and history of your pet
(just like we do in the exam room).
- We will call you with our findings, recommendations and treatment plan. Any other
questions you might have can be addressed at that time. After receiving your approval,
we will proceed with the treatment. We will call you when we are done, explain the
procedure, make recommendations and go over medications.
- Our receptionists (wearing gloves and mask) will come out to your car to take payment
by credit card.
- Your pet will be returned to you by one of our technicians (wearing gloves and mask).
They will also bring up any other items up (medications, preventatives, etc) in a clear
If you have additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
City of Tampa Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Information